Monday, March 16, 2009

First Post

First Post

Welcome to Beregond’s Bar. This is where I plan to ruminate on things about life, mainly online life. I’ve been living in the online world since 1985. At one point in my life I had an offline job in telecommunications, an online job, and various online activities I pursued as a hobby. I didn’t think of it as a job, another job, and a hobby. It was more like an obsession that expressed itself in different ways at different times.

I’ve always been fascinated by what people do online and why, and by the stuff behind the scenes that makes it possible. I’ve been taken to task more than once for thinking about stuff way above my pay grade. I keep doing it though, hence this blog.

I expect to avoid politics on this blog, except as it directly affects the online world. I’m planning on a blog to talk about politics but it doesn’t exist yet. I’ll put up a link once it does.



1 comment:

t said...

Looking forward to reading more!